Friday, April 15, 2011

33 Weeks

How your baby's growing?

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark.

He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

See what your baby looks like this week:

Comments for Colleen:

  • We had to reschedule our appointment with the pediatrician, but I met the doctor's hubby the other night at work. Everyone says they are "the best" in their respective positions, so I'm sure it will work out great!
  • This weekend, we are putting together the car seat, stroller, etc. And, I plan on clearing out the closet in the second bedroom. Lookie what we've done so far (and, it only took half an hour and 14 years of upper level education)!
  • We have a doctor's appointment on Monday. We are starting to actually have questions for her, such as:
  1. Our Lamaze instructor (we started last week) said that the movement I've been feeling for months (the shoving with all four limbs at the same time) are Braxton Hicks contractions. I think this sounds kinda nuts, so I kinda don't want to ask Dr., but I also kinda want to know . . .
  2. I got a pedicure yesterday, and the woman doing it commented, "I'm sorry I can't do everything with you that I normally would." She started talking about all the places on a pregnant woman's lower limbs that one shouldn't press too hard. I knew the calf thing (blood clots) and should have thought about it, but she also says that it is possible to induce labor by pressing on a spot right behind the ankles. I'm thinking: "uh huh, crazy hippy woman." She said it can also make your feel like you have to urinate if you press there, and pedicure's always make me feel like I am about to go! Dr. Colleen says their might be something to it, so I might just make an appointment for June, just in case!
  3. A few other, more relevant, ones.

No comments: