Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Accident Prone

Dagny (somehow) split her ear open yesterday evening. We made a valiant bandaging effort, but apparently when you cut through the ear cartilage, it just won't stop bleeding. So, Miss Dagny is currently awaiting anesthesia and stitches. Hank is pretty upset I came home without his Dagny, but he seems somewhat mollified by having eaten my banana nut bread off the table while we were gone.
Great job, Dags! Apparently she wants to make sure she is not overlooked or forgotten . . . ?
The best part, however, is when the vet's assistant put the slip collar/leash on Dags to take her back. The second it was (loosely) around her neck, Dagny started hacking and gagging and coughing as if she was about to die. The assistant got down and quickly adjusted it, saying "Oh my gosh! Hunny, I'm so sorry; there you go!" My response was, "Oh, she's okay. She's just being dramatic." I mean, it's not like that's never happened before! Anyway, the assistant looked at me like I was a b . . . . terrible person. She clearly doesn't understand my dogs.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'd be upset if I went in for stitches and got switches. I am just kidding. Did you get my email with the auto-correct on iphones? Haha! Hope Dagny feels better!

Katie said...

oops, i'll fix it!