Saturday, March 12, 2011

28 Weeks

How your baby's growing?

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb (so we went a sat in the sun this morning). He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

See what your baby looks like this week:

Comments for Colleen:
I had a very productive week. I (1) Signed up for classes (Lamaze, Baby CPR, and Infant Care);
(2) Chose a pediatrician and made an appointment; (3) Had my follow-up Ultrasound; and (4) Took the rocking chair's cushion to be recovered.

Leg cramps are back; knee pain is gone.

Patrick and Trey already have a somewhat . . . contentious relationship. Trey likes to kick him (through me, obviously) at night. For instance, if Patrick's arm is laying across my belly, Trey will kick kick kick up and down the offending arm. Patrick then responds with sleeping grumblings and tightening the arm, which is followed by more kick kick kick's, and back and forth until I move.

Chair Before -
It should be ready in a few weeks. I chose a green dot that matches the dark green in the bedding's pillow. I've never chosen fabric before and am nervous I might have gone too safe, so hopefully it will look good!
Everything looked good on the ultrasound. The placenta has finally migrated upwards. And, baby is "growing perfectly." I am a little concerned (for me, not him), that he consistently seems to be weighing in heavier than average. BabyCenter.com says at 28 weeks, baby should be 2 pounds 4 ounces. At 27.5 weeks, Trey was already 2 pounds 10 ounces. On the plus side, this time he decided to be still and not bounce all over the screen like a maniac. Maybe he was just resting after his four day marathon.

Remember Moose? Here he is about a month ago. He is staying with us for about a week while his mommy and daddy go on their honeymoon cruise.
Dagny and Hank are quite happy to have a little playmate to boss around, and there is lots of chasing going on (when "our puppies" are not passed out from exhaustion). Moose seems pretty excited to have a plethora of new toys to play with and lots of hidden treats in the backyard (aka bones that Dagny and Hank have lost).
He's a little bigger now, huh?
But still pretty darn cute!

P.S. I learned a new trick . . .


2 comments:

ACE said...

You are beyond the cutesy preggo wifey ever! I keep passing up clothes to buy (other than what ive already got) because I think Trey is going to skip the newborn size....

Katie said...

well, we figured out yesterday that I was 8 lbs. 4 oz. at 20 inches and Patrick was 8 lbs. 10 oz. at 20.5 inches, which is pretty . . . chunky. he was 2 weeks and i was 3 days late, so trey could be a big 'ol baby. i actually changed the diapers on my registry once i learned that!