Saturday, June 4, 2011

40 Weeks

How your baby's growing:

It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long.

His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

See what your baby looks like this week:

Comments for Colleen:

Surprise! I didn't go into labor on my own . . . but I wasn't really expecting to. I was not, however, expecting for doc to say I could only go a week overdue (6/11) and, oh, she is going out of next week (6/7). So, we got to chose, and we are inducing tomorrow . . . eek! The plan today is to relax, but there are also a few things to get done. Hopefully we will get pictures up on the walls, some items washed, the kitchen and bathroom cleaned, yard work finished (Patrick), bathe the puppies (and go to the pet store for special puppy presents), my toenails painted, take a walk, and thank you notes finished. I've started knitting a baby blanket, but it still looks pretty much like a scarf, so I don't know that that s going to happen. Uh, oh, and I just realized I don't have the list of addresses for announcements together yet . . . oops. Well, those may not get sent out for a few weeks.

1 comment:

Allison said...

yay! you are going to be the best mommy!